Sunday 11 August 2013

Language, Packing and Preparations

Everyone that I've spoken to who's come back, or is in Italy at the moment has said they regret not learning as much language before going so I'm trying really hard to learn as much Italian as I can. I've finally started to get on top of Rosetta Stone (or as much as I ever will haha). It's been very slow progress but now I'm over half way to finishing woohoo! I also got a phrase book CD today so I've been listening to that and practising replying "non capisco" to everything which will most likely be my reality in Italy. Non capisco, non capisco, non capisco. Capisce? No, non capisco.

Today I also got my suitcases for the flights, YAY! I can actually start getting stuff packed. I did a pretend pack and it was 1 kg under without a whole bunch of stuff so I think I'll need to cut out a heap of stuff before I go, but I can always buy most of it again there... I hope.

We leave in 24 days, 21 hours and 7 minutes so yeah it's getting pretty close. Today when we went shopping I had to tell my Mum to hold up on the muesli bars she was buying because I only have 15 days left at school and that made it really hit her how soon it was. It's little things like that which really enforce the fact that I'm going so soon. I'm so excited but I keep thinking I should be nervous and I'm not really, it just doesn't seem real!

Until next time, Ciao! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment