Sunday 19 January 2014

Wonderful Days Spent in Venice



My Mum and brother were visiting family in England so they popped over to visit me too and we spent a couple of days in Venice. For my brother and I it was the first time but my Mum had been when she was about my age. It was such a beautiful city and when people say the best thing to do in Venice is to "get lost", they really mean it! If I ever get the opportunity to give advice to someone for a trip to Venice it would be: Don't plan it, and just get lost! 

When we managed to trail out of the touristy area we came across so many beautiful places that we wouldn't have found otherwise. So many tiny, empty streets and little, forgotten churches; they really were some wonderful days in Venice.

Meal-wise my Mum and brother told me that they wanted to eat traditionally and see how I'd been eating for the past 4 months so that started with a typical breakfast on the first day. We went into a cafe (or a 'bar' as you would say in Italian) and each ordered a hot drink and a pastry as I've gotten used to doing when going out for breakfast here. Ten minutes later my brother says "so when's breakfast? That was just a snack right?"

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! Wonderful memories, here's to the next time! :)

    ReplyDelete