Wednesday 18 June 2014

Venezia






Ida's (Denmark) host family invited Fran (Chile) and I along for a day trip to Venice and of course that was an offer we couldn't decline! Although it wasn't my first time visiting the beautiful city we experienced many different things that I hadn't done before. For example we rode in a gondola and visited the inside of St. Marks Basilica.

Riding in a gondola was truly something that I'll never forget. The previous times that I visited Venice I didn't get the opportunity to ride a gondola because the price was so high, this time however due to the generosity of Ida's host Dad the dream became reality and we went for a ride around Venice; from the smallest of small streets, to the huge open spaces. Our gondolier was so lovely and told us so many interesting things about the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment